Sometimes, only something sweet will do!
My usual breakfast is egg-based – Italian Omelettes or Sexy Scrambled Eggs to name just a few – and these protein pancakes are no different.
Well they are, they’re sweet, fluffy little pancakes so they’re completely different really! But, they’re so easy to make and of course feature my favourite breakfast ingredient – eggs.
Two eggs, one banana and one scoop of whey.
That is quite literally it. The best part being that if you have vanilla whey protein – it will taste great in this recipe. If you have chocolate, or strawberry or sticky toffee frappuccino flavour (I don’t know but they are getting pretty weird now aren’t they!) – it will taste great in this recipe.
Basically you can use any kind of protein (whey/soy/pea etc) of any flavour and it will taste great!
So over to the simple recipe:
- 2 x eggs
- 1 x banana
- 1 x scoop protein powder
- 50g berries
- 100g Greek Yogurt
- Frying Pan (non-stick!)
- Whisk and mixing bowl/ or a blender
- Combine the banana, eggs and whey protein in a blender and blitz until smooth and free-from lumps. If you are using a whisk and a mixing bowl, combine by hand until as smooth as possible.
- Heat your non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of the mix per pancake.
- Cook your pancakes for 2-3 minutes in total, flipping half way.
TIP: You will know when to flip because bubble will begin to form on the surface of your pancake.
4. Blend your berries and Greek yogurt together. If you are blender-less, warm your berries until they resemble a compote consistency, and then mix with the yogurt.
5. Stack your pancakes high and top with your fruity yogurt to serve.
Macros per serve:
P: 32g F: 10g C: 28g